Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sex with the Ex by Nola Darling



Women and Men, remember that time when you broke up with a guy or girl (or they broke up with you and you just don't want to admit it....lol). Then you find out that they moved on to someone else...and so quickly after you broke up. Then something happens!, they call or text you out of the blue saying how much they missed you or thought of you...You think to yourself, "It must not be working out to well with the new boo?".. He or she wants to see you, and of course you oblige because now your EGO is involved. You wanna see if you can have this person if you still wanted. You want to see how faithful your ex is when he or she is in another relationship. Then you see the ex and it's like nothing changed, chemistry is still there, of course and you have SEX with the EX. Now for you it's not really a big deal because you're not promised to anyone, but they are.. Once it's over you get this sense of relief. You think to yourself..If it's that easy for you to cheat with me then it must have been that easy when we were in a relationship. Then you realize, that the EX wasn't a keeper afterall. Now this in now way shape or form is healthy for anyone to indugle in, but it happens.. From this simple turn of events you then realize that, he or she was actually the Best Thing You Never Had!...

So peeps have you ever been in a similar situation? Where you the Ex that cheated with your old boo?

9 comments:

MsClutchPearls said...

Wow, yes this happened to me, well almost because I didnt go through with actually having sex with the ex, but to me just with them texting and calling you acting like they don't have someone new is enough for me to realize they weren't worth the trouble.

Uaintevinred_e said...

I think we've all been in this situation either on one or both sides whether we want to admit it or not...or if we went all the way or not. You brought up a key factor - ego. As humans, we always want to feel like we've got it going on. Like once I've had it I can always get it. Well knowing is one thing. Actually getting it is another. While we often act on carnal instincts, I think we need to - like MsClutchPearls did - look at the big picture. I mean I wouldn't want to be the new person in that situation.

JaysonTrades said...

I don't know if I necessarily agree in all cases, but I can say that I was on the other end of your scenario; I was the one that was attached. But I didn't cheat on the ex, though I probably would've if given the chance. And it happens because just as you said, there is still that chemistry there. But it also made me realize that that relationship was all about the sex.

Interestingly enough, we were best friends before the relationship. I have been thinking about this recently. Some people say best friends make the best couples, but it wasn't so in my case. I think the real truth is that a couple needs to create a bond similar, no, stronger than that...

There's so much more I could say, but it would all just sound like banter...

MsClutchPearls said...

Keep going Jayson....

Anonymous said...

Sadly, sex with my ex is why I can't go on to the next...but it's more than just about sex with us because we can get together, have a great time and not even have sex. We do have a bond that's unlike any other but unfortunately, there are situations and circumstances that prevent us from being together...I can openly admit that he is my addiction and the more I realize we can't have what I believe could ultimately make me happy, I have chosen to go through withdrawals and come clean...the thing is, I always knew he couldn't be faithful, even when he was with me so I never wondered if he was doing me like he is doing her..but I know it aint right, and that is another reason I am walking away. Nonetheless, sometimes the chemistry is so strong that no matter how much you try to avoid it, you find yourself attracted to that person beyond sex to the point of being unable to detach.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jayson I don't know if I necessarily agree with this for all situations. I know I've done the tap back and its not necessarily right bit sometime you are wondering if the chemistry is still there or if you made a mistake by moving on. And by moving on that doesn't always mean you are in a "relationship" with someone new. You could just be talking or casually dating to see where it goes. So I don't think that's cheating because no one is committed to one another. But none the less I do believe in karma and she is a stone cold MG, bad to the bone, so what goes around does come back around. Just prepare yourself because one day you may get tapped back.

A Man's Thought said...

When I have involved myself with an EX after I or they have moved on, nothing good ever comes out of it. We hold onto the past and what "once" was, and although the reconnection may seem cool at first, the sweet memories soon fade. I always say an "EX" is an "EX" for a reason.

Asimplejoy said...

I agree an EX is an EX for a reason sometimes you want to rewind the clock out of boredom, don't want to start over or shoot they just had the boom diggity.......Leave the Past in the Past rarely does it ever benefit you to turn back the hands of time!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than going shopping at walmart, loading up your car and realize you forgot to get the most important ingredient for your dish that you really wanted to cook.....so you hobble back in there cause you got your heels on from work and you stand in the longest line ever for your one lil item finally make it home open up the cupboard and the item is staring you in the face......HOT DAMN!!! I should of had a V8 or better yet I should have just took my butt home and ate a pop tart.