Monday, September 12, 2011

The Perfect Mate?!



I was kicking with some friends this weekend and they met a guy that I once dated but we are still cool. Once he left, everyone agreed that brother was FIONNE (that's fine for none African American Dialect speakers). I mean he was tall, nice caramel complexion with and a nice lean muscular physique, but the brother the seem two sandwiches short of a picnic, he was a pie with two slices missing, he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer...well you get my point! He was fine with no real substance.

So one of my friends said "Well he fine, but he doesn't seem to be too smart. You can't have it all. Either you're gonna date a guy that's fine who is not that smart or a guy that is smart and not that fine"

That got me to thinking that most women would date the guy that was not so fine but smart while guys would probably date the girl that is not so smart but FINE. I could be wrong, but I know I could never take a fine guy who is not smart seriously. They are the Mr. Right Now and not my Mr. Right.

Have you ever dated a woman or man who lack the brains but had all the beauty? Did you take them seriously? Or have you dated a smart woman or man but couldn't get over that you werent attracted to them? Or can you have BOTH?

8 comments:

Coolloyd said...

If you're not "perfect", why seek out perfection in others? Eddie Murphy said "Find someone just as f#$#ed up as you are and settle down!"

Anonymous said...

Good point Lloyd.Searching for perfection will keep you lonely.

MsClutchPearls said...

I guess you all are missing the point of the blog, yes it's called Perfect Mate but that is not the underlying question. The question really is would you talk to someone who was NOT smart but they were beautiful...or vice versa...having both does not really equate perfection as we know that no one is perfect...

Nylajar said...

Well, regardless of how nice looking a person is, if he can't keep me mentally stimulated and feed me great conversation that when I walk away I felt I have learned something, even the smallest thing, then regardless of how fine he is, I won't be attracted to him. Attraction comes in many ways and sadly, many people think physical attraction is the beginning...now don't get me wrong, most people want to date someone they can wake up to in the morning and not go "DAYUM"...lol...However, a person may not be the best "looking" but have swag so out of this world, that what they actually look like doesn't even matter but to me, it's when I have that first meaningful conversation that will determine whether I want to even be bothered with him. You gotta keep my attention more than just in the bedroom or by the looks of your face and body...just my opinion. I will say this though, I have come across guys who have literally said, "Wow, I would have never known you were that deep just by looking at you" and then sometimes, I'm a little deeper than they really wanted...lol...believe me, it is sometimes a curse to be attractive physically, mentally and socially...some people just can't handle it.

Anonymous said...

@ Nyla I agree with you I have to be mentally stimulated. But like Radio said "I Want Both".........LOL

MsClutchPearls said...

LMAO....@Radio said "I want both".....

Anonymous said...

@ Nylajar...When the man said "he woulda never known you were that deep just by looking at you"...how did you take that comment?

Nylajar said...

To Anonymous 3...when I first heard that, I was very offended but then I realized that alot of men find it hard to find women with good conversation - especially attractive women; just like women find it hard to find a man with good conversation. Our sterotypical ways places so many stigmas on individuals and it is so unfair. Just because a woman may be pretty doesn't mean she is stuck up or doesn't have her head on right...just because a man is handsome or has a nice body doesn't mean he isn't mentally stimulating but I think often times we do look at the cover and not try to read the story...