Friday, September 9, 2011

Lovers and Friends by Nylajar



A friend of mine told me the other day that a man doesn’t want to be cool with his woman, you know, she becomes his homie because that is the one woman he can never lie to and the one woman he is afraid of losing control over…I’m a little confused on that one because most men say they want a woman who is his best friend and many women say the same. I personally feel like a woman should be able to kick it with her dude and his homeboys and I think a dude should be able to kick it with his girl and her homegirls from time to time. However, many say you shouldn’t mix the two worlds but I disagree. I think a woman should be able to hit the bar and watch a game with her man from time to time and he should be able to hit the mall with her from time to time to go shopping or even hit up the nail shop. They should be able to do some of the things that same-sex friends do…but is that too much for a relationship? I personally think that a man should be able to hang out with his boys alone, she hang out with her girls alone from time to time but they can intertwine the two sometimes. However, I think sometimes the friends are the ones that have a problem because they will say, “Dang, why is he bringing her with him to watch the game, this is a man’s world” or “Dang, why she bringing him shopping with us?”….As long as you balance your alone time with your together time, should it be a problem that you hang out with your girl/gal’s friends from time to time?

3 comments:

A Man's Thought said...

Me personally, I want a woman who I can do anything with and share anything with. I want her to be my best friend. That is one thing I can say I absolutely loved about being married..we would hang out together..watch professional games (NFL or NBA and wear jerseys), go to happy hour with our friends, facials, massages, shopping..whatever...she was down, I was down..and thats the way I loved it. Sure you need your alone time with your own friends, but because we were so close and cool my friends didnt care about her coming to functions with me....hell they encouraged it because they were attracted to all of her homegirls..and vice versa..lol..but as long as she knows that sometimes she cant come to the "fellas" only events and I respect her alone time..I dont see an issue with it.

Asimplejoy said...

I agree with "Man's Thought" I think that is the best thing about being in a relationship is having that someone that is truly a friend that you can hang out in any environment. I do also think that is should be "chilling with the homies" time too. But I definitely believe in balance. Only thing Nylajar you will normally see the girl hang out with the dudes before you see dude hang out with the girls.......I wonder why that is???......LOL

Women Are From Venus! said...

Now you know why dudes dont hang with the chickadees....

I concur with the above statements...I need a ride or die chick! Homie lover friend!