Friday, November 11, 2011

Everybody Hurts....



As we look for the perfect mate we often talk about how he needs to look, how tall he needs to be and what type of job or education we would like for him. vIn looking at these superficial characteristics of a "good man" we often do not pay attention to the actual make up of what makes him "good". Every woman may have different tolerance level but in the end, we should all agree that the man should not harm a woman.

Last night I received news that my little cousin, who's really not so little anymore was shot in the head by her boyfriend. I am left wondering did she have signs of what type of person he was, and did she ignore them? When they got into their first argument did he ever call her out of her name? How did he treat his mom? How did treat other women? These are important questions because that one question could have been the one thing that saved her life.

Then I think that what could I done as a family member to help choose more carefully. What can I do as a citizen of the world to prevent more domestic deaths. Can I teach girls early on their worth and their value is much more important than having a man who will not value you your life.

We must do better. I must do better and helping. It starts today!

So ask you what are some of the actions or things we can do to help the next generation to choose wisely and value their life? or What are some of the warning signs to run from a relationship?

1 comment:

KK said...

I think it is very important for youth to understand their worth. This is very important for parents to understand too because the confidence and self esteem begins in the home. If an individual feels as if they need someone else in their life to feel loved, then they may just be willing to accept anything, including domestic violence. Parents please show your children love, attention, and their worth. Sorry for your loss and you are always in my prayers.